Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March 2009 will hereafter be known as "the month we spent a small fortune on cold medicine and cough drops"

March was awesome...and busy... as expected. Both weddings were great and all the parties were fun. Really the only down side was that we all got sick...and stayed sick pretty much the whole month. Sophie and Ella got it the worst, with fevers, coughs, and ear infections. But we're back, feeling healthier, and appreciating the comfort of our own beds. Here are a some highlights from our month that you can scroll through at your leisure.




Ella's favorite part of our travels may have been seeing the "real life" temples...Sophie's favorite thing: airplanes.



It snowed while we were in Utah. Ella loved playing in the snow...Sophie preferred to enjoy the "nos" from inside the house.



Ella loved getting all dressed up as a flower girl. She did great walking down the aisle, and throwing the flower petals. She was the perfect flower girl, until she got bored about 5 minutes into the ceremony. She entertained herself by stealing fruit snacks from the little kid in the front row, and picking up the flower petals. To her credit, at least she stayed quiet.




I took advantage of the opportunity to take lots of pictures of my talented, photogenic, brothers-in-law.




I got to spend not nearly enough time with my super funny, super entertaining, super undiplomatic, lighting extraordinaire brother in "the Dance Hall". (Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the awesome 12 passenger van my dad rented to get everyone to, from, and around Nauvoo. My brother named the monstrosity "the Dance Hall." Good times!!).



I hung out with my sisters in Texas and we tried to confuse people about who was who.



We spent an afternoon seeing the sites in Nauvoo...



...appreciated the Mighty Mississippi, and commented on how big it was...



...and visited the St. Louis Arch, briefly.




We took Ella and Sophie to my favorite museum ever...The Denver Museum of Nature and Science. We loved the rocks and gems, and the dioramas of the animals. Ella's favorite thing was learning about volcanoes and hot lava.



Even though she was sick and in strange places, Sophie managed to make herself right at home and get in lots of trouble.


Sophie hijacking someone else's infant carrier at a reception.


Sophie "helping" the pianist at a reception.




Sophie (clearly inspired by the dioramas at the museum) decided to create her own murals on Grandma's walls. Thank goodness for Grandma's magic cleaner that gets permanent marker off wall paper!


Not pictured:
* Sophie emptying an entire tub of lotion at grandma's house.
* Sophie conning 5 people (that I know of) into getting her more toffee at a reception.




We ate way too much junk food.








And now it's April.

5 comments:

Lori Lou said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun...glad to have you back. Are you coming to games?

Marci said...

We are so glad that you are back! Too bad about the sickness part. All of your pictures are AWESOME! Let me know when you are ready to take some more.

Andi said...

Welcome back! I enjoyed all of your pictures, but my favorites are always of Sophie... that little troublemaker! ;)

Camille said...

I love the pictures, looks like you guys had a great month.

Jueneta said...

I love your pictures. I love the one with the arch.